Led matrix help needed

Newbie here with a question I can't find an answer to: Matrix flow. I've seen LED matrices in both Zigzag and persistant (one direction) configurations. What I haven't seen is how to address code that I can apply into my sketch. On another platform, Pixelblaze, I just need to write: zigzag = true or false. Is it this simple via Arduino IDE code? Any pointers (literally point me to the code) would be most helpful.
Thank you all,
FredEBear

@

TOPIC SPLIT
PLEASE DO NOT HIJACK / NECRO POST !

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

TOPIC SPLIT
PLEASE DO NOT HIJACK / NECRO POST !
Now I’m really confused. I’m not hijacking anything and I don’t know what NECRO POST means. I searched “matrix wiring”, “matrix flow”, “matrix direction” and “matrix not zigzag” and selected based on what I was asking help for.
FredEBear

Thank you Paul. I believe this is what I was looking for.
FredEBear

OK, "hijacking" means placing your question on top of (well, at the end of) an entirely unrelated posting. The problem is that the original topic describes the original problem, but not yours.

"Necro Posting" refers to "bringing back to life" an old and essentially resolved or "put to bed" matter.

In both of these situations, you are doing yourself a disservice because people do not want to have to read through all of the old, unrelated thread, to get to your own matter, so you are not going to be seen with favour and benevolence. :grin:

Makes sense? :upside_down_face:

Much appreciated. I don’t want to be a bother. I’ve been at this problem for several weeks now and I just got closer to an answer last night, finally.
FredEBear