Led piloting!

Hello and happy Sunday! I need to convert a signal into voltage or current in ohms, I have to replace a potentiometer to drive Leds... Is there a suitable converter? Thanks a lot to everyone.

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html .

You need to be a bit more clear on what you want to do. Can you tell us what you have and what you want to do?

If you read your post you will see it basically tells us little.

Thanks.. Tom... :)

Neither voltage nor current can be measured in Ohms. So what is it that you are really trying to find out?

Steve

What sort of a signal is it?

Thanks for the quick answers! I explain. LED lamp for marine aquarium, has the driver with 0/100% adjustment via a potentiometer. There are regulators on the market that regulate current LED ceiling lights, for this case they do not fit me. I can use them only if I convert the signal of a regulator of these into ohms, as if it had a potentiometer, so as to automatically adjust the lamp and program switching on and off but also shading. Let's say I thought of the pwm, but I don't know if it can create problems with the card where the potentiometer is connected ... Thanks again.

If you just want to control the intensity of an LED lamp, then an Arduino and a suitable LED driver will work.

It is very unlikely that you can build a circuit that will "replace" a potentiometer built into another device.

Please post the product page for the LED lamp, or provide the voltage and current details.

It is a problem to give the technical details, it is not in my possession, it is a prototype of a company and it does not give me characteristics .. I can post photos!

If it is just a prototype, why not tell the company to add a new feature: an input for Arduino control?

Then they would sell more of the lamps.

They will develop new features later, this time it was born like this and it dies like this …

richy76: Thanks for the quick answers! I explain. LED lamp for marine aquarium, has the driver with 0/100% adjustment via a potentiometer. There are regulators on the market that regulate current LED ceiling lights, for this case they do not fit me. I can use them only if I convert the signal of a regulator of these into ohms, as if it had a potentiometer, so as to automatically adjust the lamp and program switching on and off but also shading. Let's say I thought of the pwm, but I don't know if it can create problems with the card where the potentiometer is connected ... Thanks again.

I would guess the LED ceiling lights you refer to are run on your local mains AC supply and are specifically part of a system designed for remote brightness control. And that brightness is PWM controlled, not current controlled because the LED brightness you see depends on the ratio of the LED being on/off.

I also believe the LED for your aquarium is either DC or low voltage AC. You need to determine which.

Paul

Here there is no remote system, it is controlled only with 2 potentiometers 2 series of LEDs. Internal power supply as photo. I thought of driving in pwm instead of the potentiometer.

richy76: Here there is no remote system, it is controlled only with 2 potentiometers 2 series of LEDs. Internal power supply as photo. I thought of driving in pwm instead of the potentiometer.

Then the LEDs are already being controlled by PWM and the pots control that.

Paul

No, the leds are controlled by a potentiometer directly on the led board, I thought I would check them in pwm … Excuse my english …

Have u tried with those digitally controlled pots?

To replace the pot with some voltage or current generated by arduino u need to understand the circuit of the driver. Probably pot is changing voltage in comparison with some internal oscillator

Hello, ok then entry and exit of the pot is 5v 0.1ma. You can drive with pwm, maybe esp8266 ....?