LED & Servo sequence record and playback help

Im working on a sculpture that includes a 12v Servo motor and LEDs. I want these inputs to function in a sequence with a press of a button, then stop instead of looping over and over. But in order for me to create the sequence more easily I was thinking of the possibility of recording the input voltages of all the inputs (as in sending voltage to to each input with switches and variable resistors essentially playing the sequence I want manually) and saving that information in a timestamp or datalogger to an SD and then reprogramming the Arduino to play back the sequence with a push of a button via sending voltages through the inputs. The problem is Im not sure where to start. Is this even fully possible with an Arduino? Thanks

Tombcracker: Im working on a sculpture that includes a 12v Servo motor and LEDs. I want these inputs to function in a sequence with a press of a button, then stop instead of looping over and over.

All the other discussion aside, the "loop" is reading the push-button over and over until it's pressed, then performing the sequence. I am not sure what your experience is with Arduino, servos or LEDs. Perhaps give a bit of background on the project. How many servos, model numbers if possible. How do the LEDs come in to play? Do you have a wiring diagram? Arduino has a limited number of GPIO, but that can be extended indefinitely with shift registers, depending on how complex the overall system is.

Tombcracker: Im working on a sculpture that includes a 12v Servo motor and LEDs. I want these inputs to function in a sequence with a press of a button, then stop instead of looping over and over. But in order for me to create the sequence more easily I was thinking of the possibility of recording the input voltages of all the inputs (as in sending voltage to to each input with switches and variable resistors essentially playing the sequence I want manually) and saving that information in a timestamp or datalogger to an SD and then reprogramming the Arduino to play back the sequence with a push of a button via sending voltages through the inputs. The problem is Im not sure where to start. Is this even fully possible with an Arduino? Thanks

Possible confusion: The only input is the switch. All the other devices you mention are outputs.

Paul

If course it's possible, and very easy even.

void loop() {
  if (buttonPin == LOW) { // Button pressed! Have robot dance in joy! (or whatever)
    doRobotSequence();
  }
}

void doRobotSequence() {
  // Do all the fancy stuff you want to do here.
  // Just don't return until you're done and it won't react to the button until then.
}

If I understand all the OP is asking for, the first part is fairly easy as wvmarle has shown.

The second part, recording a sequence of events to be played back later, is possible but involves considerably more work. It may be better to do the two things as completely separate programs on separate Arduinos so you have one of them set up with whatever multiple inputs it needs which can record a sequence of events to an SD card and a separate simpler set up which just reads and plays the data from an SD card. Doing it that way would mean that your installed sculpture version doesn't need all the extra pots and switches.

I would write the Play version first and get that working with hand-crafted data on an SD card. And then I'd write the Record program (if I still thought it was necessary).

Steve