Led strip briefly flashes red when powering up

Hi everyone, I have recently upgraded my power supply from a 12v 3amp plug to a 12v 10amp. With the 3amp power my led lights will power on from off to full white instantly without any interference or colour change. When I use the 10amp power the light briefly for a few milliseconds flashes red then white in the same scenario.

I am using a smd5050 led strip. I don’t think it’s the software as it runs perfectly on lower amps.

Has anybody had any similar experiences?

Thanks
Jason

Assume you have confirmed the voltages.

On power up all bets can be off.

I have seen this using different power supplies.

A soft start cct. might be necessary if this is a problem for you.

Maybe if we knew what LED strip you are actually using and how you have it connected, we might be in a position to help?

With the 3amp power my led lights will power on from off to full white instantly without any interference or colour change. When I use the 10amp power the light briefly for a few milliseconds flashes red then white in the same scenario.

Are you asking about the difference between powering up your LEDs by plugging in the power supply? Or is there some other switch device.

Just a guess but different power supplies will go from 0 to 5V in a different period of time. Perhaps this might be what you are seeing.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.