LED strip screen shaped as guitar

Hello everyone, I am currently trying to make a guitar with leds on the front, I am not sure on how to connect the leds and adress them. the leds cannot be in a rectangular shape as it is a guitar.there is going to be 20 led rows vertical and 24 rows horisontal. It will start in the upper left corner and as the guitar has an irregular shape, the first row will be led number 4-6. The next row will be led number 27-32. the next row will be 50-57,the stop and start again further along in the same row, as 65-68. Is it possible to kind of break the strip and then start it again further along as a higher led number?, just imagine laying it out as a grid and then remove the leds, where there is a cavity in the guitar. Hope somebody can help me

Best regards
Colin Dahlberg

Led guitar3.JPG

Is it possible to kind of break the strip and then start it again further along as a higher led number?

You have not said what kind of LED strip(s) you intend to use or what you intend to display.

If you use individually addressable LEDs and you will be writing the program then you can decide to light any/all of the LEDs in any order that you choose.

Start by downloading the documentation on the controller IC, WS2811. Look to see whether there is an Arduino library for it.

The answer to your question is obvious, but requires some coding. Graphics are created and stored in row-column format, and you are breaking up your rows into arbitrary lengths with arbitrary gaps between them. If I understand the LED strip correctly, it is addressed linearly (from beginning to end). So you need to code a translation that will produce a linear address (taking into account all the missing positions) from an x,y pair. It's not hard really. You just need to put all the addresses in a table and use indexing to do a look up. You need to include a method to indicate an inactive LED position, so that pixels that can't be displayed won't trigger an output operation.