Leonardo Eth not connecting to Network [SOLVED]

I have a new Leonardo Eth (I wanted an Arduino Ethernet but no longer made. I have several in action already!)
This little blighter will not connect to my network following a power cut, unless I connect my Laptop via USB and look at the Serial Out, then it does. I am using it to monitor the water flow from my well with result displayed in a browser…
This s Realy Irritating. Following any powercut, no matter how brief, I have to go to the garage, connect my Laptop via USB, fire up the IDE, then the Serial Monitor, and it works again perfectly…
Any ideas how to fix this?
Grrr…

What do you mean they are not made any more?

themetman:
I have a new Leonardo Eth

What is a Leonardo Eth?

SurferTim:
What do you mean they are not made any more?

Not being made is not the same as not being sold.

Both the Leonardo and the Ardunio Ethernet have been moved to "Retired" status.

It's an arduino.org board.

Both the Leonardo and the Ardunio Ethernet have been moved to "Retired" status.
Arduino - Products

Many of those are listed as current on arduino.org, including Arduino Ethernet.

Thanks for all the useful comments on the various types of Arduino Ethernet. I will be getting one if I can.....
However still no answer on the problem.
If I turn off the power to the Leonardo Eth, then turn on again, It will not pick up the network. I have to connect my laptop etc. etc.(see above) for it to work.
Regards, and seasons greeting to all.....

themetman:
However still no answer on the problem.

You probably need to go over to arduino.org and ask your question there. It's their board.

OK thanks for the advice, will do

Here is the cure, thanks to 'astronomer' on the arduino.org forum.

I will quote.....

Hi, maybe in your code there's:

while (!Serial) {
//Wait for serial port to connect. Needed for Leonardo only
  }

You need to remove this part.
Consider that the Leonardo ETH is an Arduino Leonardo with the Wiznet 5500. The Arduino Ethernet is an Arduino Uno with the Wiznet 5100.
It is obvious when you think about it. It seems crazy to me that if I want to look at the output on the serial port, then I have to uncomment the code above, then upload the sketch.
Look at the Serial Output, then I have to comment it out again, and upload it for it to work when not connected to the Serial Port on the PC.
Who thought that one up?? Why not leave things as they were!
All the best & thanks again