Leonardo R3 - Mouse.move() not precisely moving the mouse cursor

I face the problem that Mouse.move() doesn't precisely move the mouse cursor.
If I e.g. use Mouse.move(200,200) - the cursor doesn't get moved by 200 pixels to the right and 200 pixels down.

So I tried to see what happens if I move the cursor by only one pixel to the right at a time using Mouse.move(1,0).

I now see that the mouse cursor doesn't get moved by one pixel all the time - sometimes it stay on the same position like e.g. 0->1->2->2->3->4->5->6->7->7->8->9->10->10->...

This is the simple code to reproduce:

// CODE START

int position = 0;

void setup()
{
Mouse.begin();
}

void loop()
{
Mouse.move(1, 0);
position++;
Serial.print("X-Position: ");
Serial.println(position);
delay(500);
}

// CODE END

The same problem I see if I move the cursor down pixel-per-pixel using Mouse.move(0,1) .

Any idea if this is by-design or how to adjust the code so I can rely on the mouse cursor moves ?

Thanks!

Any idea if this is by-design or how to adjust the code so I can rely on the mouse cursor moves ?

Where, exactly, are you moving the "mouse cursor"? I've never heard of such a thing. I know what a mouse is, and that the screen has a cursor that moving the mouse has an effect on (notice that I did NOT say controls).

There are many inputs that can cause the cursor to move. Only one of them is the mouse. There are many controls over how the mouse movement causes the cursor to move. You need to investigate how you have your real mouse configured to move the cursor (acceleration, etc.) and change that to be more compatible with the Arduino-as-mouse.