Leonardo serial while being used as an HID device

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find anything on it.
Can a Leonardo read information from serial while being used as an HID device (specifically, using the Arduino Joystick Library, Joystick.h)?
Currently I'm in the process of making a button box for using with FSX and it would be fantastic to have an LCD on there for various information.
If its any use I'm currently planning on using Link2FS as I'm somewhat sure this will do what I need to to send info about fuel, altitude and landing gear and flap states both for initial set up (don't want the landing gear retracting on startup if the switch was left in the wrong place) and for live information during flight.

Can a Leonardo read information from serial while being used as an HID device (specifically, using the Arduino Joystick Library, Joystick.h)?

Yes. This is true for the virtual serial on the USB connection as well of course for the completely independent hardware serial interface on pin 0 and 1.

pylon:
Yes. This is true for the virtual serial on the USB connection as well of course for the completely independent hardware serial interface on pin 0 and 1.

Fantastic, many thanks. Saves a lot of work if it can read down the USB rather than setting up an entire separate cable.