Leprechaun Trap-Activate Servo or Stepper with motion or remote

Hi, I am very new here. I bought the UNO R3 Super Starter Kit. I received it yesterday and tried a few of the simple sketches from here and they worked as described. I am looking to simply rotate a lever 180 degrees and return. Could use a servo or stepper motor. Would like to use Motion or remote to activate.

I have attached a drawing of what I am trying to do. I am sure the code is simple, but I only have 2 days to complete and don’t think I can learn in time. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Lep Trap 2.pdf (52.1 KB)

How big is it? How much does your Leprechaun weigh?

A servo is going to be easiest for light loads. Look up the torque specifications online. Find one that's got at least 50% and preferably 100% more torque than you need to lift your leprechaun.

Also.. be aware that under load you SHOULD NOT power (drive) your servo directly from the Arduino board.

There should only be 1 wire (control) connecting the Arduino and the Servo.
Servo should be powered directly form the battery source (not an Arduino pin)

• Make sure ALL GROUNDS ARE CONNECTED (battery, arduino, servo..etc all connect together)
  • a servo can use up to 1AMP under load too! (make sure you have the correct power supply, DO NOT USE rectangle 9v batteries!)
  • Many servos claim 0-180 degrees of movement.. (but they do NOT full move within that range.. I would try a smaller range and increase gradually until you find its threshold limits)

Thank you, Sounds like I need to gather more info.

Begorrah - you'd bether be quick.

Dey'll all be gone back in hidin' be Sunday.

'Specially after dey trounce de Brits at Twickenham

...R

Classic! He is made with Lego's and weighs just under 1 ounce.

calzini225:
He is made with Lego's and weighs just under 1 ounce.

A servo will be perfectly sufficient and they are much easier to use than a stepper motor.

...R