Libellium Hilo-Sagem Arduino Project

Hi... I bought a Hilo module several months ago thinking I'd have the time to immediately work on it... That was funny... Nothing like being swamped.

Well, I finally got the board setup this afternoon, changed the jumper settings, took off the 168 chip on the duemilova board and powered it up via the usb/pc connection.

I started a serial port session using a 3rd party product (Advanced Serial Port Terminal), changed the baud rate to 115200 and pressed down on the on/off button for a couple of seconds. Then I typed in AT and got back an OK response. Which is good...

However, I only have about a second or 2 to type any more commands before the module prints the message: *PSSTK: "END SESSION" and then a square terminating box.

Then to do anything else, I have to press down on the on/off button again.

Anybody else got this module up an running with an Arduino? The online documentation does not talk at all about time-outs...

Maybe, your simcard require a pin code. Don't?

Thank you very much for answering... I wasn't sure anyone even saw this message...

First, do you have any thoughts as to why the terminal test is timing out? I thought I would be able to have a session going as long as I needed...

Secondly, would the pin code affect the session? Do I need to configure something to enter the pin code?