library conflict compiling ( Uno) with GSM3softwareserial and softwareserial.h

On th Uno I have conflicts between both libraries resulted in a messing sayaing the was a conflict between the GSM3software serial Library and the softwareSerial and mentioning vector_5. I found a possible solution on the net and tried to solve it by commenting out the PCINT0 and PCINT1 vector part in GSM3softwserial.cpp and commenting out the PCINT2 vector part in Softwareserial.cpp as described in http://purposefulscience.blogspot.com/2013/06/arduino-gsm-shield-tips.html paragraph on sotwareserial issues but after dooing that I have other err msgs starting with: GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider.cpp.o: In function GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider::flushSocketContinue()': C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider.cpp:251: undefined reference toGSM3SoftSerial::spaceAvailable()' GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider.cpp.o: In function GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider::readSocket()': C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider.cpp:221: undefined reference toGSM3SoftSerial::spaceAvailable()' GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider.cpp.o: In function GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider::disconnectTCP(bool, int)': C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ClientProvider.cpp:157: undefined reference toGSM3SoftSerial::spaceAvailable()' GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.cpp.o: In function GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore::delayInsideInterrupt(unsigned long)': C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.cpp:197: undefined reference toGSM3SoftSerial::tunedDelay(unsigned int)'

You are using a third-party GSM library. Check with the library author.

The library I used is the GSM.h (=originally delivered with the IDE), which apparently refers to the mentioned GSM3softw error speaking about a conflict in the interrupthandling routines of the GSM.h and the softwareserial.h and well described in the link in the post start msg. No third party lib's;

Did you make any changes to the GSM library? It looks like some functions are missing:

GSM3SoftSerial::tunedDelay(unsigned int) GSM3SoftSerial::spaceAvailable()

HAllo, yes I changed both libraries: I commented out the PCINT0 and PCINT1 vector part in GSM3softwserial.cpp and commenting out the PCINT2 vector part in Softwareserial.cpp as described in http://purposefulscience.blogspot.com/2013/06/arduino-gsm-shield-tips.html

patpin: HAllo, yes I changed both libraries: I commented out the PCINT0 and PCINT1 vector part in GSM3softwserial.cpp and commenting out the PCINT2 vector part in Softwareserial.cpp as described in http://purposefulscience.blogspot.com/2013/06/arduino-gsm-shield-tips.html

From the error messages it looks like something went wrong with the code in GSM3softwserial.cpp. Are there no other compile errors?

I had no other compiling errors. Only at the end of the compiling process I had the Library compiling errors mentioned above.. Kind of you to help thinking. Do I would have the same problem when using a Mega?

Do I would have the same problem when using a Mega?

Not if you don’t use SoftwareSerial. Which you shouldn’t need to do on the Mega.

Anybody has an idea why commenting out the interrupthandlers produces the error messages I mentioned above? Thanks for the co-thinking.

Mr Paul S. If I use Mega, I don't need to use SoftwareSerial? I'm having the same problem.