Library Folder Empty

Hello,

I'm attempting to operate a 8,2 LCD display with a Hitachi 44780 driver using the Arduino liquid crystal library. I'm using the 4 bit mode wiring setup provided by the Arduino liquid crystal examples page. I'm not having any success displaying characters. I've rechecked my wiring several times and my soldering looks fine. I'm worried the standard libraries are not installed. When I look in the folder labeled libraries there are no files. Is this typical or did something go wrong when I downloaded the Arduino software?

Thank you

Jmac

If the library was not in the right place the code would not compile or upload.

There are two ‘libraries’ folders. One is for you and it’s in your sketch folder. The other is for standard libraries and is hidden away somewhere because you shouldn’t be changing it. :slight_smile:

Ok, thank you. I will try again.

What value resistor or potentiometer are you using on the contrast pins?

What value resistor or potentiometer are you using on the contrast pins?

Wouldn't how the potentiometer is connected (and adjusted) be more important than it's value...?

Don

There are at least 3 other HD44780 related threads at the top of the Displays section, go over them and see if you can get something working with your display.
If you can't post again with what you've already tried and what happened exactly.