Library path of Arduino IDE

Possibly this is a basic query for many experts.

When I drop down the Examples in the IDE there are zillion entries. Is there a way to optimize this madness and just have only the ones that I normally use and push the rest to a reserve folder to call up when needed ?

Of course I can streamline the sketch folder and knock of all the libraries which I will never use like the GPS related ones … where exactly are the other native libraries located ? I mean the ones that get installed by default when the Arduino IDE is installed.

Any guidelines to this effect will be great to know !

They are in a libraries folder in the directory where you installed the IDE. By default C:\Program Files\Arduino (or maybe the Program files x86 folder, not sure...)

But do you really think it's that bad? :o They are all nicely grouped.

Ardubit:
Possibly this is a basic query for many experts.

When I drop down the Examples in the IDE there are zillion entries. Is there a way to optimize this madness and just have only the ones that I normally use and push the rest to a reserve folder to call up when needed ?

Of course I can streamline the sketch folder and knock of all the libraries which I will never use like the GPS related ones … where exactly are the other native libraries located ? I mean the ones that get installed by default when the Arduino IDE is installed.

Any guidelines to this effect will be great to know !

Open the example you want to be able to come back to easily. Do a File -> Save As and you can save it into your sketch folder and then you can open it from there without having to look at that long list that irks you so.