Light cluster

Hi,
I want to add light clusters (indicators, rear lights and stop lights) to my bike trailer, which can be controlled from my bike.
I assume BT is the best method.

Does any one have any ideas.

I am relatively new to the fashion, but not completely daft

Fun idea. I'm a biker myself, without trailer, and I have seen some nice trailers. They all used a multiwire cable to their trailers.
Using BT is surely doable. One issue might be charging the battories in the trailer. Using a dynamo on the trailer wheel could provide additional power. Another issue is the IP classification, waterproof, for both the sender on the bike and the receiver on the trailer.
Go for it!

rtaylor296:
Hi,
I want to add light clusters (indicators, rear lights and stop lights) to my bike trailer, which can be controlled from my bike.

No, the kind they have at the automotive store are the best bet. You don't want the lights on your trailer to fail going down the road. You want that hard wired, not relying on some bluetooth module that may or may not last.

If you're talking about the indicator lights like the brakes and the turn signals, then there really is no place for an Arduino in that. The Arduino simply isn't needed. All of that stuff just uses basic switches and things. There's not a job there for the Arduino to do. Not if you're staying legal anyway.

Bike... as in motorbike or bicycle?

Would be neat to outfit a bicycle trailer with such a light show :slight_smile: