Lightning, Laser, Sound, Motion, Intervalmeter dslr camera trigger w/ gps?

Hi,

I'm in the feasibility design stage for this multiple trigger sensor.

Will a UNO board work for all these sensors, will I need to expand inputs or use a switch to pick 1 sensor (or limit of 3 etc) to make this project do all these functions. If I added a GPS for output NMEA, does that complicate the chip/s needed or board?

How will I make a timer, Can I just use the Arduino as the clock (I want ms and 1/10ths sec) ms for logic of the trigger and 1/10th secs for the intravolmeter.

The project will be battery operated and energy effeciency is a nice secondary concern.

My camera takes 50ms for the shutter lag so I have at most 50ms computer time, less is better.

I will probably expend to being a precise motor controller for auto panoramic taker and stack focus/DSLR slide scanner automation and trigger.

I assume stitching tiffs would be way to out of the realm for such a micro-device...

Thanks in advance,

Paul P

I assume stitching tiffs would be way to out of the realm for such a micro-device...

May be not impossible, but most likely impractical, even using SD card as memory, but it kinda depends on the compression in the TIFF.

If I added a GPS for output NMEA, does that complicate the chip/s needed or board?

GPS normally connects via Serial, but you can use Software serial, if you are running on a non Mega (or non Leonardo) device. But serial is just 2 wires (pins) You'd still have at least 10 pins for other I/O

How will I make a timer, Can I just use the Arduino as the clock (I want ms and 1/10ths sec) ms for logic of the trigger and 1/10th secs for the intravolmeter.

There is a function called millis() that gives the time in milli seconds since the Arduino started up. This should give you the accuracy to trigger an output (make sure your GPS stuff isnt taking up too much CPU time however, as the Arduino only has one core in its CPU)

The project will be battery operated and energy efficiency is a nice secondary concern.

Kinda depends on the sort of time span you are taking about.

Hours, days ? Months ?

The Arduino is a not a super low power device, and if you need millisecond timing and low current consumption there may be better ways to do this. i.e custom timer hardware