Lights and Music Project (Arduino+Android)

Hi, i have a project that i plan to do which is to play music from my android phone going to the arduino.
The environment where the project would be deployed is inside my house.
each location in my house has a speaker and lights(example: 1 speaker/lights in bedroom,living room,kitchen,bathroom).
The arduino would control which speakers to turn-on/off and also control the light displays.

I havent chosen any arduino yet and i would like to ask advice on choosing the right hardwares. i am planning to use mp3 shield and wifi shield also.

Another thing that i would want to know is that if it is possible to make the SD card of the mp3 shield to act as public drive because i would like to put
a feature in the android phone that check what speakers/lights that is turn-on/off or currently in-use.

Any advice on the project would help alot. Thanks.

Hi, i have a project that i plan to do which is to play music from my android phone going to the arduino.

For what purpose? How? The Arduino is not ideally suited to dealing with audio data. First, it doesn't like the negative component. Second, it's way too slow.

The arduino would control which speakers to turn-on/off and also control the light displays.

Based on the music it hears? Good luck with that.

i am planning to use mp3 shield

For what? You said that the music was coming from your phone.

Another thing that i would want to know is that if it is possible to make the SD card of the mp3 shield to act as public drive because i would like to put
a feature in the android phone that check what speakers/lights that is turn-on/off or currently in-use.

No. That is not possible. Think about what the means of communication is between the Android and the Arduino.

I was in Poland opole last night water lights and music I want to do the same but on a micro scale using arduino board is it possible? :slight_smile:

I was in Poland opole last night water lights and music I want to do the same

You'll need to be just a tad more specific with regard to "the same".

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
C:\Users\liamd_000\Desktop\University Course\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ returned 3

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
C:\Users\liamd_000\Desktop\University Course\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-g++ returned 3

How can I be more specific when I can not even get started?
Even the basic examples will not run and I get the above errors.
I have tried to just run the sketches with all comments removed too, same error. Windows 8 drivers for Arduino are installed and it is showing as a device on my laptop.
But Verify and Upload are not working. I have two Uno's and one Mega 2560 boards. All working and have their own ports 4,5,6.
So as I am new to electronic building developing etc. I am finding it hard to get even started with the above error no matter how many books I buy and apps for help, on I-phone and I-Pad, it does not get me out of this Error. Water fountains that squirt upwards with a coloured beam of light inside each of them going up and down in time with music on load speakers. I would one day like to have a table top version working but just getting started would be a big help. Thanks for your reply, which is very much appreciated. =(

roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: avr-g++.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 49383f11
Fault Module Name: avr-g++.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49383f11
Exception Code: 40000015
Exception Offset: 00019cfc
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 59d3
Additional Information 2: 59d342e5118fbe3fd24e30db0af9deea
Additional Information 3: 3b3b
Additional Information 4: 3b3b3f2e3899a08737305fe6edce1244

Read our privacy statement online:

Liamthe1st:
roblem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: avr-g++.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Please start a new thread in the Installation and Troubleshooting category. You jumped into the middle of this thread saying you were also interested, and then switched over to this 'it doesn't work' thing. One topic, one thread, appropriate category.