Lily ATtiny85 is not recognised

Hi,

New Lilypad’s red light turns on when connected to PC via USB, but PC does not recognise it at all. Instead it makes sounds, like Lily s constantly is being plugged in - plugged out. I tried that on 2 different PC’s and situation is the same.

Is the Lily broken itself?

Do you have anything connected to the Lilypad?

It might be caused by a bad USB cable. You could try using a different cable.

(deleted)

Hi I have a circuit playground express that I am finally able to upload programs to. This was a big hurdle. I had to go over to a MAC computer
Yeah

I have wired the board to a neoplixel circle to test it. The board lights up but the ring wired to it does not. I have it attached correctly I just think I don't have the program telling it to do wwhat I commanded it to do . I am using the A2 part of the board...

pert:
Do you have anything connected to the Lilypad?

It might be caused by a bad USB cable. You could try using a different cable.

Nope, plain Lily, just connected to a PC. And that USB works perfectly with my phone.

spycatcher2k:
This is the normal behavior until you upload your first sketch! As clearly explained in many tutorials.

I tried to upload a sketch, but it IDE says, that it cannot find any port, even the "Port" option in IDE is greyed out.

This is a known bug of Arduino IDE 1.8.7:

You'll need to use Arduino IDE 1.8.6 or older.

RESOLVED!

Apparently ATtiny85 requires Digispark drivers and it should be plugged in only when the code is compiled and IDE asks you to plug in device.