LilyPad connectivity issues. [Solved]

Hello.

I'm having issues with connecting my LilyPad 328 to the computer via FTDI USB cable.

The onboard Led flashes green with a few seconds in between, but no signs on the computer of any newly connected devices.

Running Windows7 x64 on the computer.

Do you have the FTDI drivers installed?

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

KirAsh4: Do you have the FTDI drivers installed?

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

Yes, installed the 2.08.14 through the executable installer.

I suspect some errors with the cable, doesn't give any light from onboard LED when the cable is fully inserted into the USB port on the computer. When I pull the cable a few milimeters out, the LED starts flashing. I've tried on 2 different computers, both of them with Win7 x64. Gonna try older computers tomorrow.

No LEDs come on when you plug the cable in. Your computer should make the USB connected sound when you plug it in. The LEDs only blink when you send data through it (like when you're programming a board.)

When you plug the cable in, and look in your Device Manager, do you see an unknown device?

KirAsh4: When you plug the cable in, and look in your Device Manager, do you see an unknown device?

The computer makes no sound at all when I insert the cable. No device seen in the device manager. When the USB connector is in some certain angles in the USB port the LED starts flashing once a second. After waiting 15 minutes I got an "error installing drivers", tried updating the drivers and windows stated "latest drivers already installed". The latest drivers where standard windows drivers from 2006...

Tried with 2 other computers, no signs on the computer at all of any new devices connected. Tried both without installing any drivers prior to connecting the cable and also tried installing the FTDI drivers before plugging in..

Feels more and more like a faulty cable/hardware

I’d say bad cable. Rip it open and check for bad connections. Or get a replacement.

It was a bad cable, tried another one and it works like a charm.