Limit switch

I am making an h shifter for a steering wheel that i have had for a while. I have a hex file already uploaded to the arduino leonardo that i am using but now i am trying to figure out how to program the limit switches to be individual numbers like on my keyboard so that i can assign them to individual shifts. I am also making a set of pedals and am using potentiometers in these so that i can have different inputs for the farther i depress the pedal. I am wondering if there is any way to program these and if there are any software that i can download to program these into the configuration that i want and be able to test them to make sure that they are working correctly.

sgbsuitelife:
I have a hex file already uploaded to the arduino leonardo

Where did you get the hex file? if you don't have the source code this project is going nowhere.

Also you have given us almost no useful info about the hardware you are trying to connect to the Leonardo.

...R

DIY Steering Wheel Pedals H-Shifter - Arduino | Part 1 - YouTube Is where i got my Hex file from

https://www.amazon.com/BUYGOO-V-156-1C25-Momentary-Arduino-CYT1046/dp/B07D9C2B6J/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=limit+switch+10+pc&qid=1587580847&sr=8-5 These are the limit switches that i am using

https://www.amazon.com/WGCD-Knurled-Linear-Rotary-Potentiometer/dp/B07B64MWRF/ref=sr_1_7?dchild=1&keywords=potentiometers&qid=1587580887&sr=8-7 These are the potentiometers

sgbsuitelife:
I am making an h shifter for a steering wheel that i have had for a while. I have a hex file already uploaded to the arduino leonardo that i am using but now i am trying to figure out how to program the limit switches to be individual numbers like on my keyboard so that i can assign them to individual shifts. I am also making a set of pedals and am using potentiometers in these so that i can have different inputs for the farther i depress the pedal. I am wondering if there is any way to program these and if there are any software that i can download to program these into the configuration that i want and be able to test them to make sure that they are working correctly.

If you look at the example programs that are part of the Arduino IDE, Integrated Development Environment, on your PC, you will find plenty of programs to test switches and potentiometers.

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
If you look at the example programs that are part of the Arduino IDE, Integrated Development Environment, on your PC, you will find plenty of programs to test switches and potentiometers.

Paul

Which one would work best for what i am doing.

sgbsuitelife:
Which one would work best for what i am doing.

Are you afraid to try?

Paul

sgbsuitelife:
DIY Steering Wheel Pedals H-Shifter - Arduino | Part 1 - YouTube Is where i got my Hex file from

There are several links associated with that video - which one has the Hex file?

And you have not said whether you have the source code.

...R

http://www.aiwave.fr/downloads/FFBWheel.0.16.leonardo.hex

also i am very new to the entire arduino world and i am unsure as to what the source code is

sgbsuitelife:
also i am very new to the entire arduino world and i am unsure as to what the source code is

The source code is the C++ code from which the Hex file was created. Assuming the project was created with the Arduino IDE the source code will be in a .ino file. Without the source code it is effectively impossible to make changes to the program.

If you open up any of the example programs that come with the Arduino IDE what you see is the source code. Normally you would not need access to the Hex file which is what actually gets uploaded to the Arduino board.

...R

And in fact, actually publishing the hex code is itself a form of deliberate obfuscation. :roll_eyes: