Limitations of sensor readings through BLE

Hello guys,

I am using accelerometer sensor to send the x,y and z readings to mobile app using the BLE.
Can I manipulate these x, y and z data? For example, if data for x reading = larger than some number, can I add other functionalities in the mobile app based on the reading? Or are these readings just listed without any possibilities of manipulation?

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks

can I add other functionalities in the mobile app

What you can do in a mobile app is beyond the scope of this Arduino forum. You can send the data from an Arduino in many formats. Easy enough to send data formatted as csv text data, for instance. What format will your app accept?

groundFungus:
What you can do in a mobile app is beyond the scope of this Arduino forum. You can send the data from an Arduino in many formats. Easy enough to send data formatted as csv text data, for instance. What format will your app accept?

Thanks for your reply. Should I specify the format type in the sketch? I am going to use the MIT App Inventor 2 but I haven't checked which formats they accept.

Should I specify the format type in the sketch?

You would write the code in the sketch so that the output from the sketch is in a format that App Inventor will accept.

Thank you

Would you know if I can manipulate the accelerometer reading in the App Inventor for another action such as if reading x = larger than some number, do some other action?

I want to be able to use the reading to do something else.

Thank you