Limits on analog input pins - Freetronics Eleven board

What are the voltage and current limits on the analogue input pins?

And for that matter the digital pins as well.

I have been trying to find them on the website but with no success.

Input voltage is no more than supply plus half a volt, and no less than zero volts minus half a volt.

Output, you should source or sink no more than about 30mA, with an absolute maximum of 40 mA per pin, with a maximum package rating of about 200mA.

For exact figures, see the data sheet for your processor at the Atmel site.

boylesg: I have been trying to find them on the website but with no success.

You have to download a thing called a "datasheet" for the device you're interested in.

AWOL: Input voltage is no more than supply plus half a volt, and no less than zero volts minus half a volt.

Output, you should source or sink no more than about 30mA, with an absolute maximum of 40 mA per pin, with a maximum package rating of about 200mA.

For exact figures, see the data sheet for your processor at the Atmel site.

Actually I do remember reading some where about 40mA per pin but I was assuming they were the digital pins only.

I assume the analogue pins would be sink only since you can only read them.

I was looking for a datasheet for the whole device really.

It wouldn't have occurred to me to find that sort of information in a data sheet for the processor only so thanks for that.

Processor related information... Not on the data sheet? Have you had your eyes checked recently?

Here is a link to the data sheet... http://www.atmel.com/devices/ATMEGA328P.aspx

Top spec MCU Every Eleven has the top specification ATmega328P Microcontroller.

Did you find this misleading somehow?

D13 pin works for everything The digital I/O pin 13 functionality has been fixed, the D13 indicator LED no longer loads up this pin when you use it as an input.

Kinda out of date the D13 led is driven by the LM358 in R3... the other half of the Dual Op-Amp is the USB DC power changeover comparator.. The freetronics board is interesting because of the Led's... always out of sight and for the second crystal. Although If I wanted Xtal accuracy on my arduino boards... I'd pull the resonator pin loose from the ATMega and jumper osc out on the 16U to osc in on the 328 or 2560.. shouldn't be too hard to make one oscillator work ON FREQUENCY and drive two processors.. It worked for 10 years with PIC's before I retired and started working with real processors.

Doc

boylesg: What are the voltage and current limits on the analogue input pins?

And for that matter the digital pins as well.

I have been trying to find them on the website but with no success.

Besides all the explicit stuff the guys have mentioned, the practical answer is 0V to whatever Vcc is - normally 5V or 3.3V. If you go outside these values to the "limits" that AWOL mentioned, you're right at the edge of blowing the chip.