LINX + Arduino, Reading waves

Posted this on the National Instruments folder. Maybe someone here can help too.

I am in the process of building a synthesizer using Arduino Uno and LINX. I am generating a square wave using "Digital Write Square Wave" (25Hz-6kHz) and I can see a nice wave on an oscilloscope. After manipulation via hardware filters, op-amps etc. I want to read back the manipulated wave to see how it's changed. I have been reading from AI0 through LINX but I cannot see the wave, just a "high" voltage reading.

Is there any way to read these waves using LINX, etc. or is this a limitation of serial comms and I should just use a 'scope? I have thought about using the internal memory of the Arduino to read the wave then pass it to Labview but I have no idea how to do that or if it would work.

dantoto welcome to to the forums, but what on Earth is "LINX' as you write it, please provide a link and not let us guess ?
Also, when you describe what it is you are doing, please be specific, for example you say you are building a synthesizer, but is that an audio or RF synthesizer, again, be clear about what you write. We can only guess that 25Hz to 6kHz means audio, is that correct ?

What do you mean when you write:

"Digital Write Square Wave"

, provide an example or at least write more to describe in greater detail what you actually mean.

When you write:

Is there any way to read these waves using LINX,

, we can only guess, and I can tell you most people really do not like guessing, for it takes too much of their time.

You write:

but I have no idea how to do that

, neither do I. Hopefully you understand what I could be suggesting.

Paul - VK7KPA

LINX is custom firmware for the Arduino so that it can work with LabVIEW .

GPIB writes:

LINX is custom firmware for the Arduino so that it can work with LabVIEW.

Oh, nice, still no link and LabView, gosh, have not used that in 25 years at least. It was clunky then, I wonder if it still is :slight_smile:

Paul - VK7KPA

rockwallaby:
GPIB writes:Oh, nice, still no link and LabView, gosh, have not used that in 25 years at least. It was clunky then, I wonder if it still is :slight_smile:

Paul - VK7KPA

LabVIEW is hardly clunky.

I used LIFA in 2014 which was the predecessor to LINX. It worked for my needs at the time.

Haven't used it since.