LiPo Battery for Arduino Nano

Hi, I am new to Arduino and I wanted to power my Arduino Nano with a LiPo battery pack to make it portable.

I've done some research, where the LiPo I am using is 3.7V, as I know I need to step up the input voltage to 5V into the Arduino Nano.

I will be using a Protection&charging board TP4056 and a MT3608 Step-Up Boost converter.

So my question is which pins do I connect to the Arduino Nano from the MT3608 Vout+ and Vout-?

Is it (MT3608)Vout+ --> 5V and (MT3608)Vout- --> GND or Vout+ -->Vin and Vout- --> GND?
Or my whole setup is wrong and I will spoil my arduino?

First option (+5V). Vin for 6 Volts and over.

You might want to look at this module:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/322817067514

It's a combination charger and boost converter module. I haven't tried it, but it uses the same chips as you are planning to use.

The thing is, Arduinos are usually power hogs. So you may not get much battery use between chargings. But it depends on how much current your project draws.

You'll need to rig up an ON/OFF switch on the battery somehow so you can turn everything off. Also, the above module assumes your battery has its own protection circuit, which most do.

As alsesam said, the Nano 5V pin is what you would connect to.

brandoncheah:
I’ve done some research, where the LiPo I am using is 3.7V, as I know I need to step up the input voltage to 5V into the Arduino Nano.

Use a 3.3V/8MHz Pro Mini and forego the whole step-up part. Just connect battery to the Vcc pin. As long as it’s <5.5V it’ll be happy.

Don’t connect battery & USB power at the same time, that may give unwanted effects as you basically connect your battery to a 5V source.

ShermanP:
The thing is, Arduinos are usually power hogs.

Then you’re doing it wrong. In deep sleep mode the processor uses very little power.