LiPo battery to breadboard

Hi!

I have a 12V DC motor that draws about 0.4A. I have a 3S LiPo battery like this |500x363

Can I connect this LiPo battery to the breadboard or will it damage something? I'm controlling the motor with an L293D IC, that's why I would need it. Someone who has ever tried?

Thanks!

It will only damage something if there is a short circuit - and that could cause the battery to burst into flames.

In general it is not a good idea to pass large currents through a breadboard, but I think you will get away with 0.4 amps.

…R

Thanks!

Robin2: In general it is not a good idea to pass large currents through a breadboard

I see. You know the problem is getting 12V from batteries (like AA or 4.5V bats) makes the vehicle way too heavy. But I have this LiPo at hand, which is light, that's why I would like to use it, I just don't know whether it's a good idea.

Hi, Place a fuse in the positive lead to protect your battery and board. A 500mA or 1A fuse should be okay, depends on the stall current of the motor.

Tom.... :) PS. I recommend fuses for any Lipo or SLA battery application due to the massive short circuit currents that can be generated.