Lipo charger board

Hi guys.
I've noticed these tiny 1S lipo charger boards that seem to be a good option to power some of our projects.

I mean these: https://imgaz.staticbg.com/thumb/large/oaupload/banggood/images/C4/05/8bf42d5b-d16e-4347-8474-8edf5f06153e.jpg

My questions are:
1- I believe they have an output 5V regulator. Is that enough to power the arduino nano?
2- Is there a way to have only one USB both to charge, and also to connect the nano?

Thank you

@1: plenty power for nano.
@2: use a usb hub.

No 5V regulator on those boards.

Hi, thank you both.

srnet:
No 5V regulator on those boards.

Do you mean that the Battery output is the same as the battery voltage (up to 4.2V for a charged 1S lipo)? is that enough to power the nano? I would say it's not and that I would need a step-up regulator then, am I correct?

Can I make a lipo charger with the nano, so I don't need to rely on that board? that way I could:

• Charge the battery and also access the board program in one USB port
  • Supply power to the board with the battery
  • Run the program with just one board (not needing one charge board + arduino board

Thank you

Assamita:
Hi, thank you both.
Do you mean that the Battery output is the same as the battery voltage (up to 4.2V for a charged 1S lipo)?

Yes

is that enough to power the nano? I would say it’s not and that I would need a step-up regulator then, am I correct?

The nominal voltage output from a LiPo cell is lower than the specified voltage for an Atmega328 running at 16 MHz as on the Nano.

Viable options include using a boost regulator to step the battery voltage up to 5V or to use an Arduino board that can run directly off of the LiPo battery output like a 3.3V Micro @ 8 MHz. The latter is more power efficient if it can meet your other requirements.

Can I make a lipo charger with the nano, so I don’t need to rely on that board? that way I could:

• Charge the battery and also access the board program in one USB port
  • Supply power to the board with the battery
  • Run the program with just one board (not needing one charge board + arduino board

Thank you

While it is possible to build a LiPo charger around a Nano, there is the potential for fires and such if the LiPo is charged incorrectly. Also, building a charger around the Nano likely requires a similar amount of peripheral circuitry as using a component solution.

Aslo note that you should not use the 'battery output' to power the Nano when there is no battery present.

So to summarize, the best option is to have one of those boards from my first post, a 5V booster plugged to the output of that board to power up the nano (or use a micro without booster), and either have a usb port for charging a another for data, or a usb hub. How does the latter look like? Amazon link or similar?

srnet:
Aslo note that you should not use the ‘battery output’ to power the Nano when there is no battery present.

I’m sorry, I’m not sure I understood you.
My plan is to solder a 1S lipo battery, not using a 18650, for example. But even if I did, the battery output when there is no battery is 0, isn’t it? Or you mean to power the nano with the port located in the charging board? Because that makes no sense. In any case I would power it with the cable wired directly in the nano port,and only because I would be loading some sketch.