liquid crystal Issue

Hello I have downloaded what I think all the libaries, bbut now have some other problems.

would be great if soemone could help woth those errors. I have to say I’m really new into that. Sorry .

Thanks

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI

Using library SD in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire

Using library Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master (legacy)

Using library Time in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Time (legacy)

Using library Ethernet in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet

Using library pitches in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\pitches (legacy)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10605 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Time -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\pitches C:\Users\Reinhard\AppData\Local\Temp\build1104042723699220277.tmp\NewVendingMachine3_8.cpp -o C:\Users\Reinhard\AppData\Local\Temp\build1104042723699220277.tmp\NewVendingMachine3_8.cpp.o

NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:15:53: error: ‘POSITIVE’ was not declared in this scope
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino: In function ‘void setup()’:
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:91:18: error: no matching function for call to ‘LiquidCrystal_I2C::begin(int, int)’
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:91:18: note: candidate is:
In file included from NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:4:0:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:76:7: note: void LiquidCrystal_I2C::begin()
void begin();
^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master/LiquidCrystal_I2C.h:76:7: note: candidate expects 0 arguments, 2 provided
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:121:3: error: ‘Serial1’ was not declared in this scope
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino: In function ‘void ReadyforRFID()’:
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:256:11: error: ‘Serial1’ was not declared in this scope
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino: In function ‘void checkRFID()’:
NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:268:7: error: ‘Serial1’ was not declared in this scope
‘POSITIVE’ was not declared in this scope

NewVendingMachine3_8.ino (28.9 KB)

NewVendingMachine3_8.ino:15:53: error: 'POSITIVE' was not declared in this scope

So, why do you think POSITIVE is defined OR valid?

The UNO onlu has one hardware serial port? Why are you assuming that is has more than 1?

Well the first problem is easy.

You are using an Arduino UNO it says:

Arduino: 1.6.5 (Windows 8.1), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

And you have code that refers to Serial1. There is no Serial1 on an UNO. Serial is the only one Serial line you get. The Mega has more than one line. But the UNO only has one.

The other issue has to do with you calling the begin method from that LiquidCrystal_I2C library wrong. I'd suggest you hit their documentation for that library and see how the begin method should be called. It appears as though there is a no argument option, but whether that will work for you or not I do not know.

Using library Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\libraries\Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master (legacy)

Your reference to this library should look similar to other compiler "using such ans such library...".
The sub directory format Arduino-LiquidCrystal-I2C-library-master (legacy) seems bogus.

Also LiquidCrystal_I2C should not be referred to as "legacy", only the base class LiquidCrystal is"legacy".

You are missing reference to the base class - LiquidCrystal

And actual usage of LiquidCrystal_I2C should look something like this:

Using previously compiled file: C:\DOCUME~1\Vaclav\LOCALS~1\Temp\build2005578100506041290.tmp\libraries\LiquidCrystal\LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp.o

PS . Your constructor and .begin methods are correct.