liquid crystal library "error compling "

Just purchased LCD-Saintsmart LCD2004.
Downloaded NewLiquidCrystal -1.3.4 zip
Added .Zip to library
Included NewliquidCrystal to sketch
Verified
Comes back with " ERROR compiling for board arduino/genuine uno.

#include <FastIO.h>
#include <I2CIO.h>
#include <LCD.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C_ByVac.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_SI2C.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_SR.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_SR1W.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_SR2W.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_SR3W.h>
#include <SI2CIO.h>
#include <SoftI2CMaster.h>

Any idea why this sketch cannot compile considering I have not included anything besides libraries?
New to Arduino new to programming.
open to ideas suggestions opinions
THANKS!

Any idea why this sketch cannot compile considering I have not included anything besides libraries?

Perhaps because there is no code.

Generally your program contains several lines of code. That code typically includes functions that you are using, but that you didn't write yourself. If the compiler finds a reference to a function that you didn't write it searches through the 'included' library or libraries looking for that function and then compiles that code along with yours.

Don

Strange. So what I found when I delete ALL # includes besides #NewliquidCrystal AND # Lcd.h the sketch compiles no problem. I included the code I wanted and LCD worked properly. Why would the sketch include all these other library's when I only selected to run new liquid crystal library?

You haven't provided any sketch for us to evaluate.

Don

Beyond not having a valid arduino sketch, keep in mind that details really matter. Details are particularly important when doing a manual install of fm's new LiquidCrystal library. There are very specific instructions for how to properly install that particular library and if not installed correctly, it can have issues.

Included NewliquidCrystal to sketch

What does that mean?

... when I delete ALL # includes besides #NewliquidCrystal AND # Lcd.h ...

What does that mean? There is no header file named "NewliquidCrystal" or "Lcd.h" in that library.

Once you get the library properly installed, you will need to create a sketch to use it. Do not use the "include library" option from the GUI it will not work with that library. In fact, I would recommend against ever using it. Just include the needed headers for your sketch. The library includes a few examples that you can look at to see what header files need to be included for the LiquidCrystal_I2C class. And then, once it all compiles, in order to get the display working, you will need to know the i2c address of the backpack and the pin wiring for that particular backpack (not all backpacks use the same pin wiring).

If you want an easier to install library that comes with examples that will work with that lcd backpack "out of the box", you could try installing my hd44780 library package. It is available in the IDE library manager so you can quickly and easily install it directly from the GUI. It will auto detect the i2c address and the pin mappings. It also comes with a diagnostic sketch to test your i2c signals and the internal RAM of the LCD. You can read more about it here: https://github.com/duinoWitchery/hd44780

The i/o class for the backpack is hd44780_I2Cexp and the diagnostic sketch is I2CexpDiag I would recommend running the diagnostic sketch first. After that you can look at the other hd44780_I2Cexp examples to see what header files need to be included and how to create your lcd object for your own sketches.

--- bill