Liquid measurement using ultrasonic sensor

Hi, I am new to arduino and need help.
I attached an image what I bought (please advise me if I need anything else)

I want to measure liquid in a tank using ultrasonic sensor. (Tank image attached)

I have a table for conversation centimeters to liters for this tank. (Table attached)

I would like the quantity of liquid in liters to be displayed in internet browser.

Can this be done?

Can this be done?

I'm sure it can, seems like a good little project to me.

Can this be done?

Yes, you can make the Arduino, with ethernet shield, a server, and have it serve up a page containing the tank contents.

Or, you can make the Arduino send data to the serial port, and have some app running on the PC that reads that data and stores it somewhere that the web server (that serves up the page) can access.

Thanks for replies but I have a few more questions

Can the sensor be about 20 meters away from the arduino board?
And can I have 5 sensors for 5 different tanks connected to one arduino board?

How precise will this meassurement be?

Can the sensor be about 20 meters away from the arduino board?
And can I have 5 sensors for 5 different tanks connected to one arduino board?

I suggest you connect 1 sensor to 1 Arduino and get it working to your satisfaction. When you are happy with that try it on 20m of cable and see if it works. If it does, fine. Then work out how to have more than 1 sensor on 1 Arduino. If that doesn't work then consider 1 Arduino and 1 sensor for each tank sending data to a central Arduino that segregates and displays the data on the web page.

How precise will this measurement be?

How accurate does the manufacturer of the sensor say the sensor is?

What liquid?

If corrosive (e.g. water) your HC-SR04 will not live long.

If explosive/flammable (e.g. gasoline) you need a spark safe rated one.

PerryBebbington
In description it says
Detection distance: 2cm-450cm
High precision: 2mm
So it should be ok

wvmarle
It is gasoline

I think this one is safe becouse only the waterproof sensor will be in the tank and the electronics will be outside

Surbek:
Detection distance: 2cm-450cm
It is gasoline

The 2 cm minimum is a typographical error. That sensor has a dead or blind zone of about 20 cm.

In the head space of a gasoline tank, I would only use a sensor that is rated for Class 1 Div 1 intrinsically-safe service.

I will try to find one on ebay

Fuel sender moght be a good search term