LiquidCrystal error with Arduino0008 - ideas?

Environment: WindowsXP Home
Arduino0008 IDE
Arduino NG rev. c

Connected Arduino to USB port as COM8

When I unzip the LiquidCrystal library into the proper location according to the (tutorial LiquidCrystal - Arduino Reference), I open the run.bat file and get the following from my DOS prompt:

Stable Library

Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7
Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7

LiquidCrystal.cpp:8: error: declaration of C function 'void pinMode(int, int)' conflicts with
E:/arduino-0008/lib/targets/arduino/wiring.h:74: error: previous declaration 'void pinMode(uint8_t, uint8_t)' here
LiquidCrystal.cpp:9: error: declaration of C function 'void digitalWrite(int, int)' conflicts with
E:/arduino-0008/lib/targets/arduino/wiring.h:75: error: previous declaration 'void digitalWrite(uint8_t, uint8_t)' here
LiquidCrystal.cpp:10: error: declaration of C function 'int digitalRead(int)' conflicts with
E:/arduino-0008/lib/targets/arduino/wiring.h:76: error: previous declaration 'int digitalRead(uint8_t)' here

When I place the library in the Arduino0007 directory, everything works like a dream. Any suggestions?

Change exactly what the error mentions. Open LiquidCrystal.cpp and change the "int" to "uint8_t".