LIS302DL works like??

Great to meet you people here, i am using LIS302DL in one of my projects. I am clueless as to how exactly it works, can you please help me. I wanted to know how the sensor works when you place it on your fingers and move it up and down and then will it give a separate digital output for each co ordinate axis, like one byte of data for x axis, one byte for y axis,etc or collectively it give one single byte for a particular condition. And is it required to buy a Eval kit to calibrate the sensor and use it for applications or can we connect it to a ATMEL board and continue with the experimenting.
Guys please help me...

The accelerometer works by suspending a tiny mass on springs.
The mass forms part of a capacitor, and as it moves under acceleration so the capacitance changes.
This change in capacitance is turned into an analogue voltage and amplified.
Because it is an accelerometer, it will measure the acceleration due to gravity in the up/down direction but will not register any changes when the device is moving at constant velocity, only during the acceleration/deceleration phases of motion.
Calibration (not to national standards, but close enough for everyday use) is simple and cheap.
Put it level on a horizontal solid surface, and simply measure g = 9.8 m/s^2.
Any tilt will cause the value of g measured to vary by the cosine of the angle of tilt to the horizontal. So 1 degree of tilt means you measure g * 0.99984, 30 degrees g * 0.866 and so on.
Any vibration may cause inaccurate results, depending upon magnitude and frequency.
Hope that helps.

Hi Bhavyabhushan
It is considered very bad form to cross post the same question on more than one forum.
Having spent time giving you an answer you go an waste some one else's time.

I have already told you this sensor doesn't detect finger movement.

AWOL

The accelerometer works by suspending a tiny mass on springs.

No not really - but it will do as an explanation.