List of serial connection capable Windows Mobiles

I’d like to buy a new PocketPC/PDA (actually used, because they are cheaper) and i was thinking about buying a phone with serial connection. I had HTC Touch Diamond, but this doesnt have serial… so i’d like to know if anyone is using any phones that has serial connection and has managed successful connection to Arduino board? … my biggest wish is to upload new sketches to Arduino straight from my cellphone (using serial cable… not bluetooth)

I read somewhere that the Samsung sch-i760 has a serial port, but I have no idea how to connect to it :P.

Doesn’t windows mobile have a USB stack in there somewhere? You should be able to use an FTDI chip (or similar) via a USB connection to get serial coms too. You’ll have to check.

Doesn’t windows mobile have a USB stack in there somewhere? You should be able to use an FTDI chip (or similar) via a USB connection to get serial coms too. You’ll have to check.

I’d have thought that was the answer but how are FTDI drivers on windows mobile. I presume the arduino IDE works ok on there.

Mowcius

found something,

my biggest wish is to upload new sketches to Arduino straight from my cellphone

Well you can get serial on a lot of phones.

my biggest wish is to upload new sketches to Arduino straight from my cellphone

This will be the biggest issue.

Mowcius