Listing of ERROR CODES and explainations

I am not completely new to electronics or Arduino but I am having lots of trouble decoding the error messages from the IDE program. I am currently using 1.8.5 on Linux Debian Jesse.

I get curious errors and no clue how to find answers. It seems wrong to have to search Google to find explanations of the error messages. They are a lot of cryptic answers there even. Long ago when I learned Basic it was very common for people to say RTFM to get the answers you wanted instead of giving the answers required because they always thought the person did not want to find the answer them selves. They never cared how hard you looked before or how frustrated you were. However.....

An example of an error message after compiling.

home/don/Downloads/EFIS_19264_V12/EA_EFIS_19264_v12/Menu.ino: At global scope:
Menu:35: error: 'GLCD' does not name a type
GLCD.ClearScreen()
^

This message is completely bogus to me. The error when I look it up on Google says that the file is not in the right directory location. But it works in other locations in the sketch. It is in one of the included files used in the menu.ino sketch or the .h on it. Other explanations say that it needs a ; or it needs a different parenthesis placement or some other things.

I do suggest a rewrite of the error messages. "File not found in Directory" would mean a lot more than "does not name a type". I really would like to have a clear list of the error codes with the meanings clearly written out. If there is one already could some one please point me to that location so I can use it.

The error when I look it up on Google says that the file is not in the right directory location.

Then you have misunderstood what "scope" is.

You have also misunderstood what the "local groups" section of the forum is all about (unless you mistook "local" for something to do with scope)

I do suggest a rewrite of the error messages

Try putting your suggestions to the maintainers of gcc; this has nothing to do with Arduino.