Lists

Not sure how to ask the question but I’ll try my best.
How do I separate a temperature sensor reading? For example say the temperature is 74.5
var First = 7
var Secnd = 4
var Thrd = .5

First = temp/10
Secnd = temp%10
Thrd = (temp*10)%10

Guthrieden:
Not sure how to ask the question but I’ll try my best.
How do I separate a temperature sensor reading? For example say the temperature is 74.5
var First = 7
var Secnd = 4
var Thrd = .5

Your questions is clear, but I wonder why you would want to do that.

Display

If you're using an LCD display, you can move the cursor forward for every digit.

ardcalcandrew:
If you're using an LCD display, you can move the cursor forward for every digit.

Golly. I think that is just information, and not really an answer. And, even for that, my question is the same.

"var" looks like Visual Basic. In C++ every variable must have a specific type. You can have integers, characters, HardwareSerials or whatever, but you must have a specific type which doesn't change during the lifetime of the variable.

Do you want characters? Do you want the digit '7'? Or do you want integers? The number 7 has the binary representation 111.

Most existing display libraries for arduino implement a ".print" method, so you'd say something like:

LCDDisp.print(74.5, 1);   // one decimal place.

Next choice is that AVR has "dtostrf()", a function that converts floating point numbers to character strings (and similar "ltoa()" and "itoa()" functions for integers, and "sprintf" for more complicated formatting.)

Finally, you can consider isolating individual decimal pieces by multiply/divide/modulus operations using 10 or powers of 10...

westfw:
Most existing display libraries for arduino implement a ".print" method,

Hence my question.

What do lists have to do with it?