Literal project guidance..

terryking228:
Hi, Don't have a lot of ideas for a specific project, but I suggest that whatever you decide on, do some thinking about planning before jumping. Not TOO much..But:

Arduino-Project-Planning-Electrical - ArduinoInfo

Arduino-Project-Planning-Packaging-Mechanical - ArduinoInfo

Arduino-Project-Planning-Code - ArduinoInfo

I have found that various TIME things can be interesting. Since Arduino can handle time well, you can do lots of strobe light things. users spin tops and fidget spinners, and change the strobe frequency to stop motion. A stream of water droplets appears to be stopped. 2 watt white LED modules work well.

Then a challenge: Drop different lengths of wood (like 2x4x??) down a large PCV pipe so they drop out the bottom. Tell how LONG they are with an arduino.

Or the classic reaction time test...

Or see THIS about things high school kids did with kits I made for their school system...

This planning page is really helpful. I cant count how many times it felt like tearing your hair because everything is okay but nothing works.. Thanks.

I thought human eyes perceive motion differently than a camera, why would a specific frequency make it look still? Or do i have to put the water in a black box with window?

Again, people judging the contest are going to ask "so how is this useful?"

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
So, the opposite to left of the bat?

Well,yes but actually no. The point is to hit something hard so it blows away. If your a lefty, then its left of the bat.

I thought "Hello World" on the printer was exciting - but some say that I am easily amused - however

At the risk of not being helpful or suggesting a project the best ones I have seen or been involved with were projects that I could take ownership of or that the people involved with were excited - - - things I am thinking about and may or may not get to are a Tide Gage that logs what the tide is doing - self contained with solar power, maybe a small boat that can navigate from point A to B - sends back some sort of data and the course can be changed while underway

I was never good at the science project thing - had problems picking a project - but in industry I was much better - I could look at something and figure out a way to make it better - sometimes doing what people said could not be done

Best of luck with your project

saildude:
self contained with solar power, maybe a small boat that can navigate from point A to B - sends back some sort of data and the course can be changed while underway

This is actually a really good idea!!

For now im deciding between 5-6 projects and debating if i should do them all with my friends.

1. Induction heater with automated temp. Control ( should i heat water inside a small pipe instead of just showing a nail that can grow red hot?)
  2. Slayer exciter aka solid state tesla coil.
    3.Kelvin dropper to charge a capacitor and then use it?
    4.A small cheap cnc plotter?
  3. Arduino to arduino serial data transmission with laser light? ( the whole modulation would be on hardware, not software)
    6.Gps assisted autopilot boat?