Lithium Battery Power On\Off Circuit

I have a project I am working on, its a shield that plugs into a DUE and is intended to be a LoRa handheld receiver, likely powered by a Lithium battery.

I could build in a discrete push button on\off circuit that uses a couple of MOSFETs, with some resistors and capacitors to disconnect the battery, triggered either by the switch or the DUE can monitor the battery and switch the receiver off as well. I would add a voltage supervisor, TC54 etc, to force off if the battery falls to circa 3.0V, just in case the DUE program misses the low volts condition.

However given that the above functionality exists in just about every mobile phone and tablet in the world, I was wondering if anyone has produced a single IC that would implement it all ?

Or does the same functionality possibly exist in a Lithium charger IC ?

Pololu electronic power switches They will probably sell you their patented IC.

Lithium battery protection circuits are available that will automatically switch off the battery at a certain cutoff.

Not a patented IC; just two mosfets back to back.

This site refers to it as a "mosfet true switch" (scroll down) but I think it's more commonly referred to as an "ideal diode". Well, whatever, it's two mosfets back to back.

http://www.electronic-products-design.com/geek-area/electronics/mosfets/using-mosfets-as-general-switches

For a battery cut off application it's just a matter of turning off the gate drive when the voltage drops below a certain level. Pololu uses a physical switch, but an appropriate voltage reference, zener diode, Arduino pin, or three pin shunt regulator (TLV431) would work just as well.

Not a patented IC;

Those aren't, but Pololu's patented IC power switch can be found here.

jremington:
Lithium battery protection circuits are available that will automatically switch off the battery at a certain cutoff.

They normally have a cutoff of 2.4V, a bit on the low side for safety and long battery life reasons.

I look at those safety circuits as a latch ditch safety circuit for when a proper cutoff circuit fails. I would not want to use one as a routine method of over discharge protection.

If however they were available in 3V versions.

jremington:
Pololu electronic power switches They will probably sell you their patented IC.

Thanks for pointing that out, the IC could just be a 8 pin Micro.

the IC could just be a 8 pin Micro.

No, it is not.

The 8-pin chip is a mosfet. Dunno what the 6-pin chip is.

Patent in question: US7781920B2 - Push-on/push-off power-switching circuit - Google Patents

I've used the older design of the Pololu switch using FDS4465 mosfet which is the low voltage version running 3V, The newer version use's similar type mosfet and another one for the reverse polarity protection I think. they just use a different type mosfet for higher voltage