Little (not too important) issue

Hey! I received a genuine arduino uno last Saturday and i was so pleased with it i went on a shopping spree, one of the things I bought were a few nano clones ( that are a bit more expendable) im not 100% if I can ask about these on here but its worth a try. When this board restarts one of my servo's makes a strange movement but then goes on to do what ive told it after the board hast restarted. This happens on different pins but its seems to be on 9 & 10. Is this a common issue? any fix? its not a big problem i'm just interested. :)

Thanks in advance.

It might be an issue with the code. No way any of us would ever know that since we can't see it. Could be an issue with how you have it wired up. No way any of us would know that since we can't see it.

Are you saying that the behaviour on your Nano is different from your Uno using IDENTICAL code?

Post your code.
And please use the code button </>

so your code looks like this

and is easy to copy to a text editor.

How are you powering the servo?
It should have a separate power supply with a common GND with the Arduino.

…R

Robin2:
Are you saying that the behaviour on your Nano is different from your Uno using IDENTICAL code?

Post your code.
And please use the code button </>

so your code looks like this

and is easy to copy to a text editor.

How are you powering the servo?
It should have a separate power supply with a common GND with the Arduino.

…R

Yes :slight_smile:
I am using a 6V ( plenty of ampage ) power supply with the ground connected to my arduino’s one.
This nano is making a tiny adjustment while resetting ( it seems to be when the red light is flashing on the board) the strange thing is that it happens on different pins, im only using pin 10,9 and 6 and the LED is on 13 ( i tested with the blink example)#
I don’t see any point in posting the code since its just a simple program that just sets the servos to different angles and since when i use the uno its fine and the program is not even running when it happens, it is as the board resets / loads new code, but il post it once my 10 minute thing is up anyways.

Any ideas? I think i have the right drivers, its not a big issue anyway

Oh, so you're talking about the servo moving a little when the nano is reset?

Not the nano resetting when it moves the servo?

Yeah :) Sorry if i was unclear, it seems to be only on the 9 and 10 I/O pins , i switched all my outputs to 6,5 and 3 and its fine now, there are no visable shorts on the board, im guessing its an issue in the atmega if anyone thinks otherwise please tell me :). Thanks for everyone's help though

I give up. You're not going to show us what you have, but you want us to troubleshoot it for you. Best of luck guy.

Delta_G: I give up. You're not going to show us what you have, but you want us to troubleshoot it for you. Best of luck guy.

I would but I already know that I have no issues in that area, i was just wondering about problems that would cause my pins 10 and 9 to give out a signal when the board is restarting ( no code actually running) I know my wiring is fine because it works on the other board. Np though, i'm not bothered about it since if i need accuracy i have 4 other pins I can use.

Even though the wiring may be "fine", seeing what you have may help figure out where the problem is. If you already know the problem then why are you here asking? If you don't know the problem then you don't know if we could figure anything out by wiring or code.

I would but I already know that I have no issues in that area, i was just wondering about problems that would cause my pins 10 and 9 to give out a signal when the board is restarting ( no code actually running) I know my wiring is fine because it works on the other board.

You need to research the nano boot up process to see if the pins in question are momentarily “blipped” high during the boot up.