Load Cell maximum measured value on LCD

Hi there,
I’m using an arduino nano to read out a 500Kg load cell with a HX711 amplifier and the HX711.h library.
I want to send the measured data in kg via serial to a PC and also Display the measured value on an 16x2 LCD (I’m not using I2C since I have enough pins available).
I have managed this part so far.

The measured Value is displayed as negative since the load cell is being stretched and not compressed, wich according to the manufacturer is okay to do with this load cell. Although it would be nice to have it be displayed as a positive value.

My goal is to additionally have the maximum measured value (or minimum in this case since the load cell value is always negative) be displayed on the second row of the LCD. The maximum value can then be reset with a button.

I have done quite a bit of research but couldn’t find a way on how to accomplish that and hoped that someone could help me with this.

My code so far is included in the attachment.

Qualit_tskontrolle_Load_Cell_ersatz.ino (2.77 KB)

Although it would be nice to have it be displayed as a positive value.

You know the abs function, don't you?

My goal is to additionally have the maximum measured value (or minimum in this case since the load cell value is always negative) be displayed on the second row of the LCD. The maximum value can then be reset with a button.

I have another link to the Arduino Reference for you: max.

Yes I know of these two functions but I have no idea on how to use them for what I want to do.
My knowledge of coding is still pretty basic.

If you read the HX data sheet , it tells you which wires to swap over to get an increasing voltage out of it .

My knowledge of coding is still pretty basic.

In this case you should start with easier task which teach you the basics of programming. Don't expect us to do the programming for you. There are many tutorials on the Net that build these skills, just don't expect it to happen without practicing.