LoadImage to LCD

I am new to arduino so looking for some help!

I am trying to display a BMP image on a lcd screen using arduino. I have tried using this code: Arduino - TFTLoadImage but i am getting this error "'EsploraTFT' was not declared in this scope"

I am using an arduino uno with a 3.5" TFT LCD shield by Microyum

Any help with this would be great!

• joey

That example code is written for use only with the Esplora Arduino board. For the Arduino Uno, you will need to create a TFT object, as documented here:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/TFTConstructor
So if you had code like this:

const byte cs = 10;
const byte dc = 9;
const byte rst = 8;

TFT screen = TFT(cs, dc, rst);

Then you would change the code to use the code to use the screen object you created, instead of the EsploraTFT object:

screen.begin();

It's quite unfortunate that Arduino chose to write their example code this way. They already have a reference page for EsploraTFT so they should have made the rest of the examples as generally useful as possible. I don't have time right now to submit a request for this to be changed, but I put it on my "to do" list. If anyone else wants to do it, feel free.

Please post a link to the actual screen that you have bought e.g. the Ebay sale.

If you can't find the actual sale, find the same item with Google. It is important for readers to see a photo of the pcb side of the screen.

David.