loading a phot to the arduino CNC Shield to engrave on wood.

What is the process to download a photo so I can engrave it onto wood? I have the Arduino R3 controller with the Arduino CNC Shield. Thank You Bruce

email: brucekramer07@gmail.com

That is usually done by software EXTERNAL to the IDE and NOT the IDE,

There doesn't seem to be a CNC or 3D printer / engraver specific section. Maybe you need to look elsewhere GOOGLE seems to have lots to say about "photo to cnc"

The image would be vectorized on a PC. The vectors would be converted to G code, HP plot format or other similar file format. The file would be sent to the Arduino CNC unit (one xyz point at a time) which controls the positioning and timing for the XYZ steppers.

ctbruce: What is the process to download a photo so I can engrave it onto wood? I have the Arduino R3 controller with the Arduino CNC Shield. Thank You Bruce

email: brucekramer07@gmail.com

I guess I really didn't ask the right thing.

I have a home built laser engraver controlled by an Arduino Uno R3 and Arduino CNC Shield which fits ontop of the R3. I have pictures both bitmap and jpeg. How can I get my laser engraver to do these types of pictures or other items not in g code? Thanks for the help and sorry for the first weak info.

My answer remains the same i'm afraid.

Its not an IDE issue.

You get a third party program and feed your picture into that which will then generate the G-Code either directly to the CNC shield or as a compatible file that can be loaded into GRBL or similar.

The google search results I gave you should be more than enough to get on the right track.

Thank You for the help, much appreciated. ctbruce