Hi Arduino friends,
as my topic title suggest, I have some troubles with my ESP8266 IP Adress. Here a the facts:
- I have placed a local website
- My aim is to control some machines via ESP8266 via Smartphone
- The website works good
Here are my problems or questions:
- is there another way to open the local website, or is this only possible via IP-Adress?
- My second problem is: the ESP says this: (IP unset)
- My third question is: is there a way to set an steady IP-Adress ?
I hope you guys have understood what my problem is. I really wanny make sure that everyone can get access to my local website.
Depending on your browser/network/DNS, you may be able to use the .local domain name.
you mean, that esp8266 has a http://localhost adress too ? Note: it has to be a direct connections via smartphone. Routers and etc. are not allowed.
I just tried the localhost... it did not work.
Second note: the local website has to be reached from every browser...
Third note: there is no problem to connect a smartphone to the ESP.
I just tried it to get access to the webpage. Here are some new facts:
- I have codes the ESP's SSID with the IP Adress, in other words: if you do a wifi scan, than you are able to see a SSID called "(IP unset)".
- you can connect to the SSID, so no problem with that
- you can also access to the website with IP 192.168.4.1
Why does not show up at the SSID ? two month ago, it worked. two month ago, I did put the IP directly to the SSID. It worked than. you could see as SSID this: 192.168.4.1 <-- so it worked
My only fear ist, that this IP adress could change sometime. So agian: is there a way to make it steady ? The best way would be, to reach it via hostname, for example: http://esp
This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.