Location identification using arduino with zigbee's RSSI values

Good day!

I have 5 gizduinos (local arduino), 5 zigbee modules (again, local ones that cannot be programmed using x-ctu), and a 4 LEDs.

What I need to do is to deploy 4 gizduinos paired with 1 zigbee each in a square formation, about 10m x 10m square. Place another gizduino+zigbee somewhere close to one of the deployed gizduino with zigbee. The lastly placed gizduino+zigbee should be able to tell which of the four is closest to it, therefore it needs to have the RSSI value of each, the highest RSSI value among the four is what it will declare as the closest. The lastly placed gizduino+zigbee pair are inserted with the four LEDs on pins 10 to 13 that will light up depending on which of the four is it closest to.

I have been doing this for more than a month now with little progress. Can someone please help me with the code?

I have been doing this for more than a month now with little progress.

You're not going to tell us what you have tried?

Have you tried something simple like continuously printing the RSSI value from one XBee as one other one moves around? If so, have you discovered any correlation between RSSI and observed distance?

I didn't think so.