Logging Amperages to IoT - Hardware component

Warning: I'm a nubie at both Arduino and getting info from Forums. I searched, but did not find a similar topic, so am posting myself.

What I would like to do is to measure amperages (for, say, a motor) and save to the cloud. The goal is not accuracy (revenue grade), but a general idea as to when a device is operating. The hardware required, starting with the device being measured:

1. Current Transformer. (I have sourced these out. They have a peak AC output of 1Vrms or 1.4V peak.)
  2. Full Wave Rectifier to convert AC to DC. (I have created this using diodes and a capacitor. I am getting a steady DC output voltage between 0V and 1.4V depending on amperage of motor.)
  3. Arduino
  4. WIFI Shield or WIFI component.
  5. Internet connected WIFI Router.

For the software development, I will likely hire someone to do it...I don't have the time and the last time I programmed was early '90's Fortran.

My questions are around the hardware. a) Do I have the right approach? b) WIFI Shield/Component. What should I use here. The goal is to have something robust that can communicate over a distance, say 100'. This is my biggest question. c) Should I be using or at least investigating other wireless options? Zigbee?

Thanks in advance. Old dog trying to learn a new trick.

a) Do I have the right approach?

If you are getting consistent results that accurately reflect the load on the motor, I'd say yes.

b) WIFI Shield/Component. What should I use here.

Are you wedded to the WiFi idea? Some research on this forum would show that all the WiFi options have issues.

b) WIFI Shield/Component. What should I use here.

My opinion would be yes and yes.

b) WIFI Shield/Component. What should I use here. The goal is to have something robust that can communicate over a distance, say 100'. This is my biggest question.

buy one and test it for 100, 150 and 200 feet to make sure it works in your setup.

assuming you are outside, then line of sight is important.

Thanks, Paul. I am hoping for a wireless solution. WiFi or Zigbee
Thanks, Dave.