Logic level P-Channel FET

Hi,
i search a good logic level p channel FET with very low voltage drop.
I like to switch on and of another chip with max. 50mA current.

Here’s a good one
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/NDP6020P/NDP6020P-ND/1055922

MOSFETs have on-resistance, not voltage drop. For just 50mA load a PNP transistor with 1k base
resistor may be easier to source and cheaper.

Hi, After some research, I like THIS: one...

DISCLAIMER: Mentioned stuff from my own shop...

That isn’t logic level…

This “logic-level” bit is only for an “all 5V” application.
It’s still a P-channel device.
If it were arranged “Common Source”, with its Source at +12 and Load connected between its Drain and Ground, then it’s going to be On (to some degree, quibble over VGS(th) later) when/whenever its Gate is less than +12. And the Gate always will be much less than +12V when it’s connected to a device offering a choice of 0V/5V.

Or am I missing something?

Should be a SMD version.
I work with 3V Battery my other chip can work to 2.4V

Should be a SMD version.
I work with 3V Battery my other chip can work to 2.4V

I stand by my recommendation: With Vgs = -2.5V, Rds = 0.075 ohm for up to 10A.

I am looking for this as well (must be SMD).
So far, I am considering AO3401A

http://aosmd.com/res/data_sheets/AO3401A.pdf

price on ebay is about $5.25 for 100pcs.

44 cents for small qty at Digikey, known good parts with traceability behind them.
3000 pieces for $0.081 each
vs
500 pieces for $0.0525 each - how can one sell lower quantity and at lower price (and likely free shipping?) & still be legit? I seriously suspect fake/counterfeit. We've seen several topics on that today already.

@Crossroads
Maybe an iPad problem but the link you gave will not work.

Link corrected.

I checked at digikey first, but just ordered from ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291486186304?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
price is actually $3.25 for 100 pcs, $1.98 for epacket shipping which I usually receive in a week.

I highly doubt anyone would go through the trouble to make counterfeits of low priced items. Its like making fake $1 bill instead of $100 bills. I think that guy was just trying to find something to blame, lol.

I highly doubt anyone would go through the trouble to make counterfeits of low priced items.

You demonstrate a lack of imagination.

Imagine I own a factory that makes chips. In order to turn a profit, I have to make LOTS of chips. In order to turn a profit, I have to run the factory CONTINUOUSLY. In order to turn a profit, waste has to be nearly zero.

Imagine someone on the night-shift loaded the wrong template for the package markings. The factory created 1 million IRFU110PBF but they are all labeled IRF510PBF. What do I do? They are functionally similar. Most people will not notice. But they are not right.

I can't sell them to any reputable distributor. They all randomly test so they will very likely notice.

I know. I will sell them at cost to that pain-in-the-ass brother-in-law (a shady dealer). He's happy (cheap goodies to sell). Wife's happy (lazy brother is working). I'm happy (won't lose money and wife's happy). Everyone is happy!

That is some wild imagination, lol.

And, sadly, not inaccurate.