Long distance communication via ethernet

Hello

I am working on a project where an Arduino reads values of a sensor and send them via ethernet. The end result should be that the Arduino stays anywhere where I want to measure something and that I can see the results at my home.
I hope you understand what I mean?

Is this possible?

Thank you!

How far away from your home will the Arduino be?

The maximum distance should be 200km.
But it would be better if it can be any distance I want, if you understand what I mean.

azerty2001:
Hello

I am working on a project where an Arduino reads values of a sensor and send them via ethernet. The end result should be that the Arduino stays anywhere where I want to measure something and that I can see the results at my home.
I hope you understand what I mean?

Is this possible?

Thank you!

DO you have a local area network using ethernet?

Paul

Yes I have, but the the Arduino isn't going to be connected with the LAN at my home.

azerty2001:
Yes I have, but the the Arduino isn't going to be connected with the LAN at my home.

Then how can it use ethernet?

Paul

Can you explain the project in a bit more detail, because currently what you seem to want makes no sense.

azerty2001:
The end result should be that the Arduino stays anywhere where I want to measure something and that I can see the results at my home.

Rather depends on what you mean by 'where I want'.

If the implication is anywhere on the Globe then you have only one alternative, satellite communications

Is this actullay a real project or just an exersize ?