long life to FLOWEATHER

I'm proud to present to you FLOWEATHER, an innovative device for environmental measurements arduino-based that's also a beautiful flowepot for your garden with typical italian design.

Born as a thesis project want to be a commercial product.

It uses: - temperature sensor - humidity sensor - atmospheric pressure sensor - carbon monoxide sensor - gprs module - real time clock - lcd display - Li-on battery - solar cell

in order to realize hourly measurements that could be viewed on: 1- lcd screen 2- personale web page 3- your cellphone with an sms

data are sent to a server that provide to store and present them to the user on http://www.floweather.com/myfloweather

Take a look to the official web page www.floweather.com/ and became a fan on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/floweather/135193369826500)

Let me know your impressions and enjoy yourself with floweather.

Regards

Hey Dude, I´m building something very similar, (blog.jfkreuter.com) but there ist nothing on your (beautiful) website. Could you provide some more Informations. A real Documentation including used parts and code would be great. Looking forward to see more from your project! Greetings, Jan

If you added GPS you'd be able to use all of them as a distributed sensor network without the user having to enter location data.

Hey Dude, I´m building something very similar, (blog.jfkreuter.com) but there ist nothing on your (beautiful) website. Could you provide some more Informations. A real Documentation including used parts and code would be great. Looking forward to see more from your project!

thanks! We use three sensors: - SHT15 temperature and humidity sensor by Sensirion - MPX4115 air pressure sensor by Motorola - TGS2442 carbon monoxide sensor by Figaro

for communication of data to server, we use the GM862 GSM/GPRS module by Telit. Code and schematics will be available as soon as possible on the official site www.floweather.com, right now we are completing all the documents using doxygen. We'll push up this topic. If you need any particular information just ask us.

If you added GPS you'd be able to use all of them as a distributed sensor network without the user having to enter location data.

actually we designed the station as a node of a WSN and we decided to avoid the GPS module because of the high price and to localize station via GSM data cell (lac, cid, mnc, mcc). It's a bit less accurate (about 300m) than GPS but it's good enough for this kind of applications.

bye

That's cool, I'd forgotten you could get location from GSM.