Long wires i2c with MPU6050

Hi everybody,
I’m using the Arduino Uno with the MPU6050 (Sparkfun board*)Inertial Measurement Unit, using i2c protocol. I’m trying to position the sensor with a battery, in a probe about 4 meters far from the Arduino Uno. I need three signals Clock, Data and Interrupt.

With normal jumpers, I haven’t any communication problems :open_mouth:, but if I try with long wires I have many problems :cold_sweat:.

With three separates coaxial cables RG174/U, Øest 2,79mm, 101pF/m, 50Ω, 34 AWG, I have some signal and I can read the raw data.

With a three-pole coaxial cable Øest 4,52mm, 30 pF/m, 53,477692 Ω/km, 22 AWG i cannot even initialize the sensor :~. (I don’t know if I can attach the datasheets of the cables)

I am not an electronics expert :cold_sweat: and I have some problem in choosing the right type of cables. I read that it is important to have a circuit with a low capacity so i chose the cables with less pF/m. Does anyone have any suggestion? is it possible to do such a thing ? or should I use other hardware to amplify the signal?

thanks to everyone for the help! :slight_smile:

Is it this board?

Maybe you need a lower value pullup resistor from the SDC and SCL pins to Vcc (V+). The schematic link on that page shows 10K resistors. I would try about a 2.2K resistor as a test.

SurferTim:
Is it this board?
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11028

Maybe you need a lower value pullup resistor from the SDC and SCL pins to Vcc (V+). The schematic link on that page shows 10K resistors. I would try about a 2.2K resistor as a test.

Yes it is this one, but the 10K resistors are embedded in the board, so the only way to change them is to buy a different one without any resistor ?

thanks for the advice, I'll try this way too!! :slight_smile:
I'll be grateful for any other advice XD