Looking for a 3.3v / 5v compatible DIP (pref) 8+ bit parallel DAC

:o Been looking for a fast 8+ bit DAC similar to ... AD5330.

It seems all the 3v and 5v compatible ones are in SIOC and small packages.

Have an MCP4921 atm and it works well (software bit banged) however I want to put sound with video output so need the sound to be as fast as possible (hence parallel)

My benchmarking on 22050Hz audio showed SD card read was 15%, DAC output was ~20% and other was 5% of total CPU when playing on the Arduino Due.

Anyone one had experience with the AD5330?

Although I have DMA/SPI working well the sound output is in an interrupt and I don't want to be sorting out SPI interrupt conflicts :o

Other question I have is ... If I dedicate 8 outputs d0-d7 for the DAC can I reuse these same pins for another 8 bit parallel device given the CS line for the DAC has to go low for it to take any notice? I assume I can unless I'm missing something.

How about this one A/D

can I reuse these same pins for another 8 bit parallel device given the CS line for the DAC has to go low for it to take any notice?

Yes in theory but it depends on the exact nature of the chip's interface line.

I don't want to be sorting out SPI interrupt conflicts

No such thing so problem solved.

I want to put sound with video output

From the same Arduino?
The only way I know of doing this is to place your hands together and say "Our father ....."

Thanks for the quick reply!

The chip looks good but it quotes a voltage of 5v to 15v... is this just for the output reference? as I'm using a 3v3 Due and later will prob move to a Teensy 3.5 or 3.6.

The Due has 9 pins I can use and off memory may even have 10 in a row for possible 10 bit.

As far as video and sound goes, got video @ 30fps 128*128 rgb565 on SDD1351 using DMA and just need to be able to throw some sound (so be it low quality) down a port fast.

Might end up pretending I have a AD5330 attached just so I can check performance.