Looking for a little help.

Hey everyone, Ive been here before. But This time Im kinda stumped. as I havent fully learned how to do codes, Im looking for a little assistance. I built a 4x4x4 led cube, and have it hooked up to my arduino. Ill insert a picture of how its hooked up.

And the code I have, The thing is, its really short and leaves a lot to the imagination.. So I want to make more animations and maybe vary the speed of some of them etc, but its in binary and Im not sure how to change it and make it work. So if anyone could guide me on the path It would be appreciated. Im not looking for a "hey someone do this for me" kind of thing. just need some advice/guidance :P

I tried to upload the code into this post but it made it over 20K characters. so I cant post it... Heres a download link for the .pde: http://www.instructables.com/files/orig/FV8/XM2M/GGPEXFII/FV8XM2MGGPEXFII.zip

Alright! thats it! it looks like a lot, but it only equals about a minute if that.. and the animations are kind of crude.

So I want to make more animations and maybe vary the speed of some of them etc, but its in binary and Im not sure how to change it and make it work.

Do you understand HOW that code works? If not, you need to work through exactly how it works.

There is an array of values, in PatternTable. Each row in that listing corresponds to one set of LEDs lighting up, with the last value defining how long that pattern should be displayed.

Think of each row as a frame, with the time between frames as the last entry in the array. The "movie" you want to see is composed of a number of frames, with each frame shown for some time.

To create a different movie, you need to define different frames.

If you don't understand how to do that, you'll need to cut pattern table down to one frame.

Observe where the 1's are in the remaining row, and how the placement corresponds to which LED is lit up. Change a 1 to a 0, and confirm that the change produced the expected change in which LEDs are lit. Change a 0 to a 1, and confirm that the change produced the expected change in which LEDs are lit.

Once you understand how to create one row/frame, creating a whole movie is trivial. Not easy, but trivial.