looking for a small alternative to AAA batteries

I need to make a really small-sized board and was wondering if anyone has ideas about an alternative for using 4 AA or AAA batteries (to get 5V to my arduino chip) in a battery holder like this:

please help! AA IS way too bulky!!!!

How about a flat LiPo battery?
3.7 to 4.2V will run 16 MHz arduino reliably.

Very cool! Thanks Crossroads! How long do those usually last for? And do they recharge? They’re kind of expensive…

Also, its 4 inches long :-----------<

A 1000mAH LiPo will last for a 1000mAH. How much current are you planning to draw?
They are rechargeble.
They are not 4" long - someplace I have a picture of one on my wrist. I recharge it with a MAX1811 in my design, other chips are available too.

maybe?
It's maybe an 1" x 1.25" and quite thin. Can measure when I get home.
Got them from gravitech.us for about $12 each. Ask for them, or browse around.
2000mAH is twice as thick and lasts that much longer.

not sure about how much current, but I have a 5v regulator going to the chip and to a 3.3v regulator where I have various accelerometers and other sensors...

Your image didn't get through, I don't think. And I didn't get anything useful from searching battery_hand or hand_battery...

And thanks for the website referral! They are cheap. but they don't seem to sell LiPos :frowning:

Was it the LiPo you said was around 1" x 1.25"?

Thanks so much, f

3.7V (aka "1S") 1000mah LiPo: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=18557

Dimensions are 63mm x 34mm x 6mm.

not sure about how much current,

Then there is no way you can say how long it will last. The voltage regulation has no effect on the situation, it is current that matters.

I definitely got them from Gravitech, but I had to call & ask.