Looking for an LCD

Hello, I have a BIG problem ...

I've been looking for about two months on the internet for a very specific LCD screen for one of my projects, the point is that I can't find it, I find LCD's with half the features I need, etc, but none with all the features I'm looking for.

The screen that Im looking for is almost identical to this...
Casio Screen

Why don't I use this screen? Because it has about 100 pins and I didn't find any datasheet or clue on how to use it (unless someone knows how to use it and connect it to an Arduino, so I would take that option).

But since it is almost impossible to do that, I have decided to look for a screen with these characteristics:

• 128 x 32 pixels
  • 3.3V
  • No Backlight
  • 14 pins or less
  • A lenght of about 6cm

I have an image that shows what I need...
Characteristics of Screen

This screen would connect it to the NodeMCU v2 esp8266

Thanks!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That screen has a White BackLight :frowning:

Is there a reason you can't use a backlit screen, and just not connect the backlight?

I have used LCDs that have seperate connections for a backlight LED.

If you dont want to use the backlight, just ignore it, the display still worked in daylight.

Hi,
What is the application?
Why 14 pins or less?
What will it be interfaced with?

We need more information.

Why not a graphic LCD like this;

Tom.... :slight_smile:

hiperdoo:
That screen has a White BackLight :frowning:

What’s your point? It’s a transflective display. Next time, read the entire spec sheet instead of stopping when you see the word backlight.

FSTN (Film-compensated Super-twisted Nematic) provides a sharper contrast than STN by adding a film. The cost is approximately 5% higher than STN. FSTN works great for indoor and outdoor applications and is mainly used in graphic displays and higher end products. The Transflective polarizer is a mixture of Reflective and Transmissive. It provides the ability to read the LCD with or without the backlight on. It will work for all lighting conditions from dark with backlight to direct sunlight which makes it the most common choice. There is no cost difference between Transflective, Transmissive and Reflective.

srnet:
I have used LCDs that have seperate connections for a backlight LED.

If you dont want to use the backlight, just ignore it, the display still worked in daylight.

+1 what he said.